When women are dealing with hair loss, the first thing they want to do is cover up their bare head. While some take the time with a human hair wig, others choose the simpler synthetic wig. A synthetic wig is already styled and requires less maintenance than a human hair wig. Women who are only facing a temporary hair loss typically choose a synthetic wig because they tend to be cheaper and require less maintenance than a human hair wig because they normally don’t last as long. However, a synthetic wig still needs to be cared for in order to keep its shape and form. Here are the steps that should be taken when caring for a synthetic wig:
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your wig once it has been removed from your head.
- Fill a tub or sink with cold water. Add specialized shampoo to the water and allow your synthetic wig to soak for around twenty minutes.
- Remove the wig from the sink and rinse the shampoo using cool water. Rinse the hair until all bubbles are gone.
- Shake your synthetic wig gently to remove the water from the hair. Never ring the hair out to avoid damage. Use a clean, soft towel to pat dry the rest of the wig.
- Place your synthetic wig on its stand to allow the wig to air dry. Avoid using a hair dryer or a brush on your wig as it air dries to prevent any damage from occurring. Try to allow at least a full day for your synthetic wig to dry fully.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.