While some of our clients come to us with chemotherapy hair loss, others come to us with hair loss for a number of other reasons. Some begin to see hair loss with age, others with stress, and others because of genetics. While some hair loss is inevitable, there are ways for women to stop or at least delay the process. Here are some foods that women can incorporate into their diet to help fight hair loss.
- Salmon (or other fish) – Fatty acids are essential for your body’s hair growth. Salmon are rich in omega-3s as well as vitamin D and proteins. If salmon isn’t your first choice of fish, try other fish options like trout and sardines.
- Walnuts- While on the subject of omega-3s, walnuts are another excellent source of the fatty acids. Walnuts also have vitamin E and biotin, which keeps your hair strong and protected.
- Sweet potatoes- Vitamin A is essential for cell growth in the body as well as oil production for your scalp. Sweet potatoes provide beta carotene, an antioxidant that becomes Vitamin A.
- Spinach- This green vegetable provides your body with vitamin C as well as beta carotene and iron to help prevent hair loss.
- Oysters- This seafood favorite provides your body with protein and zinc, two essential nutrients for healthy hair. Without zinc, your hair can begin to fall out while your scalp becomes dry.
- Lentils- Looking for protein without having to consume meat? Lentils are a great source of protein as well as biotin, zinc, and iron.
- Eggs- Eggs provide your body with a number of minerals, such as iron and zinc. If your body lacks iron, your hair follicles could begin to lack oxygen, which will then lead to hair loss. Eggs are also an excellent source of protein as well.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.