While many of us are enjoying the refreshing days of spring, some are already dreading the heat that is sure to come once summer reaches us. For women who wear wigs, the heat of the summer can result in many days spent indoors in order to avoid the uncomfortable conditions with their wig. However, there are ways for those wearing a wig to enjoy the summer days.
- Consider making the move from a human hair wig to a synthetic wig for the summer months. A synthetic wig can be worn without a wig cap is made from lighter materials.
- If you feel comfortable, try making the move to a shorter hair style during the warmer months. Long hair that covers your neck will trap the heat under your wig and to your body, making your days uncomfortable in the heat.
- Washing your wig is imperative as you sweat in the heat. Aim to wash your wig at least once a month to keep your wig clean while also prolonging its life.
- Avoid heat sources around your wig during the hotter months. If you plan on spending time outdoors, use some type of cover like a hat or umbrella to avoid direct sunlight from reaching your wig. Keep your wig stored in a cool and dry area and never have it around an open flame.
- If you choose to keep a long style over the summer months, consider pulling your hair up on occasion. Ask your stylist at Wigs and Hair Solutions to try a loose up do or braid on your wig to help keep you cooler over the summer months.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.