It is of no surprise that most women take great pride in their hair. Women enjoy using their hair to express themselves and show their individuality. When women begin to notice their hair is thinning and even falling out, they may begin to panic and question what is happening to their health. There are a number of different causes of hair loss for women, with some being preventable and others being unavoidable.
Common Hair Loss Causes
- Hereditary- Women are more likely to suffer from hereditary hair loss if they receive a specific gene from both of their parents rather than just one.
- Lupus- This autoimmune disease attacks almost 2 million patients. Lupus is when the healthy tissue of the body is attacked by its own immune system. Hair loss tends to be noticed during shampooing, and can at times be accompanied with a scalp rash.
- Telogen Effluvium- When a woman experiences an extremely stressful event, such as surgery, pregnancy, or any type of serious stress, they could experience serious hair loss. The hair loss tends to occur weeks after the stress took place.
- Hypothyroidism- Millions of Americans suffer from thyroid disease every year. Your thyroid can either be too active, or not active enough, leading to several health issues. Both cases of thyroid disease can lead to hair loss in women.
- Styling- If you tend to style your hair every day with harsh products and heated appliances, you could experience hair loss over time.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome- This condition affects nearly five million women in America alone. Women suffer this condition when their ovaries tend to produce a higher level of male hormones. This hormonal imbalance can lead to hair loss of the scalp, but hair growth in other areas.
- Iron Deficiency Anemia- When women suffer from iron deficiency; it means they are lacking red blood cells. When this occurs, your body isn’t receiving the correct amount of oxygen, leaving you tired. You could also experience hair loss, cold hands, pale skin, and headaches.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.