In women, it is quite common to lose about 100 to 140 strands of hair each day as your hair growth cycles through. As women age, periods of hair loss can become signs of your hair thinning and possibly resulting in irreversible hair loss. While thinning hair can be the result of genetics, thinning hair can also be caused by outside sources that women can attempt to control.
Thinning Hair Causes
There are a number of reasons why women could be experiencing thinning hair or overall hair loss.
- Stress- Both physical and emotional stress can begin to take its toll on your body, causing your hair to thin.
- Pregnancy- The hormone imbalance that occurs during pregnancy can be the culprit for several changes to a woman’s body.
- Diet- Your hair could begin to thin due to your diet choices. Too much Vitamin A and not enough protein within your diet could cause your hair to thin and eventually fall out completely.
- Hereditary- You could be facing thinning hair because of pattern baldness that has been passed down through generations of genetics.
- Medication- Certain medications could cause your hair to thin or result in total hair loss.
Thinning Hair Treatment
There are steps for women to take when dealing with their thinning hair. Women should try to remove stressors from their life to help their body relax. Engaging in daily exercise along with a healthy and balanced diet could help stop thinning hair while also slowing down the process of hair loss. Women can also use over the counter products to help their hair appear fuller and to even slow down the process of thinning hair. Women can also purchase custom human hair or synthetic toppers and partial pieces to help mask the loss of hair.
Thinning Hair with Wigs and Hair Solutions
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.