The summer season is officially upon us. While others are worrying about what color nail polish to wear or when they should visit the beach, women who wear wigs are stressing about how to care for their wigs in the upcoming months. Not to worry, summer wig maintenance is easy and not stressful at all.
Keeping cool and taking care of your wig this summer is simple, especially with these easy tips:
- If possible, switch out your human hair wig for a synthetic wig during the summer months. Synthetic wigs are lighter and therefore cooler to wear during the hot months of summer.
- Try out a shorter style during the summer. Long wigs that cover the nap of your neck prevent air circulation, which can get hot after a while. Try a style that allows circulation around your neck.
- Don’t want to go short? Not to worry, try braiding your wig to the side to allow air circulation. You can also try a simple up-do to increase air circulation.
- When it comes to cookouts, let someone else do the grilling. With the high heat of summer, any exposure to serious heat could cause serious damage to your wig. Storing wigs in an area that gets hot quickly, like the trunk of a car, can cause damage as well.
- Summer means extra washing for your wigs, but not too much. Washing about once a month during the summer will keep your wig clean without causing damage to the hair fibers.
- Wearing a hat or head wrap while spending long periods outdoors will help protect your wig along with keeping your head and neck cool.
Wigs and Hair Solutions can help with all of your summer wig maintenance needs. We can help style a new or current wig for you to wear during the hotter months of summer as well as help with upkeep and washing.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help women suffering from hair loss due to a number of medical and overall health causes. We are conveniently located in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.
To schedule an appointment with us or if you have any questions, please call us at 410.720.8588 or stop in at 10710 Charter Drive, Suite G050.
Follow Wigs and Hair Solutions today on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.