When women are faced with hair loss, they can begin experiencing several negative emotional reactions. Because of this, women find themselves feeling depressed and self-conscious, which can hinder their everyday experiences. In order to prevent these negative feelings as you begin your search for your new custom wig, it’s important to understand the different emotions you may begin to feel.
- Overall Loss- As women begin to lose their hair; they also begin to feel the loss of other aspects of themselves. They feel the loss of their youth if their hair loss is caused by age, a loss of health if their loss is caused by chemotherapy, and even a loss of self.
- Lack of Confidence- Hair loss means no longer having the ability to style your hair like you once did. This can lead to women no longer feeling confident or sure of themselves in public or social situations.
- Introversion- Women who are typically extroverted and outgoing find themselves becoming fore introverted and reclusive after they begin to suffer from hair loss. Because they don’t feel or look like themselves, they feel the need to turn away from attention or company.
- Envy- Women who wouldn’t typically become envious of others find themselves seeing green whenever they face a younger woman or a woman with a full head of hair.
- Depression- Women who are suffering from hair loss can also find themselves sinking into a depression, especially if depression has been a struggle in the past.
In order to combat these emotional pitfalls caused by hair loss, look for a custom human hair wig to keep you happy and feeling like yourself. A custom wig can be styled to fit your needs and personality to help you fight through your hair loss with ease.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.