As women grow older or experience different life-changing events, their body normally changes along with them. While some changes can be viewed as positive ones, there are some changes that most women would wish to do without. During and after menopause, a woman’s body goes through several changes as her hormone levels change. At this point of a woman’s life, several things can occur that may be uncomfortable. One of the main changes that women dislike is hair loss. According to article by WebMD, about 40% of women have or will experience hair loss during or after the stage of menopause. While dealing with this difficult time, there are a few important things women should keep in mind:
- Hormones- For the most part, hair loss during this time is caused by the decline of female hormones in the body. While these hormones are decreasing, the male hormones within a woman’s body, known as androgens, may begin to work more than normal. This will then cause hair follicles of a woman to fail, causing hair loss or thinning.
- Other Factors- Aside from hormones, there can be other factors brought on by this change that cause hair loss. Factors like stress, diet, and deficiencies in nutrition can cause hair loss in women during menopause.
- Mistakes- When hair loss begins, most commonly women will fail to acknowledge the hair loss, allowing it to go on longer than necessary. Once the hair loss is recognized, women also tend to neglect their condition and try to continue with life as normal.
- Psychological Effects- While most women won’t admit feeling a change, hair loss can have a psychological effect that should not be ignored. Women suffering from hair loss from menopause tend to suffer from anxiety, depression, and withdrawal from social settings. They can also suffer from a decrease in self-esteem and confidence.
- Treatable- Hair loss can be treated. Lifestyle changes and prescriptions can help manage and even reverse hair loss. If your hair loss cannot be reversed, or you are in a state of limbo, look to Wigs and Hair Solutions to get you through this difficult time of hair loss.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we specialize in custom human hair wigs along with human hair toppers and partial pieces. We will work with you to determine the state of your hair loss and which style of wig would work best for you. We will discuss your lifestyle, past hair styles, and other aspects of your life to customize a wig that will give you back your confidence and well-being. Menopause doesn’t mean a woman’s life is over, it simply means a new chapter has begun.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.