For some of us, hair loss is inevitable. For others, hair loss can be prevented. Either way, there are steps most of us can take to either prevent or at least slow down the hair loss process.
- Eating healthy is a great way to not only stay healthy overall, but prevent or slow down hair loss. Consume foods that have high levels of the following: biotin, protein, vitamin C, iron, and zinc. If you find you aren’t consuming enough of these vitamins and minerals, consider adding a supplement to your diet.
- Wash your hair on a regular basis. This will keep your scalp clean while also giving the illusion of more volume should you find yourself experiencing hair loss already.
- Avoid dying your hair excessively to keep hair follicles healthy. If you choose to dye your hair, keep coloring jobs spaced from 6 to 8 weeks.
- Never use a hair brush while your hair is wet. Brushing wet hair will only cause breakage and increase hair loss. If you must detangle your hair while wet, reach for a wide-toothed comb rather than a brush.
- Avoid the excessive use of hair ties and clips when styling your hair. These accessories could cause hair breakage when used excessively. When pulling up hair, never pull too tight.
- Keep the use of heated products to a minimum. When able, avoid the use of hair dryers, heat rollers, curling irons, and flat irons.
- When drying hair, avoid rubbing your hair excessively with a towel. Instead, allow your hair to air dry, or simply pat your hair with a clean towel.
- If you choose to use hair rollers for curl, avoid wrapping your hair too tightly.
- Try your best to manage your levels of stress.
At Wigs and Hair Solutions, we help our clients with their hair loss. If you find yourself experiencing hair loss, call us to discuss options. We specialize in custom synthetic and human hair wigs, partial pieces, and toppers to cover any level of hair loss. Whether your hair loss is only temporary or a permanent occurrence, our stylists will be able to create the look you want with a high quality wig, topper, or partial piece.
To schedule an initial consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588. You can also visit us in the Medical Pavilion at Howard County.