Hair loss can be a common problem for women, no matter their age or ethnicity. In fact, about 21 million women in the United States are currently suffering from hair loss according to a recent study conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. There are a number of causes for hair loss that expand from minor causes to severe causes. According to a report by Fox News, some of the causes for hair loss in women include:
- Lack of Protein- If a woman isn’t consuming enough protein through their diet, hair loss could become a problem.
- Over-styling- Excessive heat, coloring, and processing of hair can cause hair follicles to break.
- Pregnancy- The unbalanced level of hormones during pregnancy can cause hair loss.
- Autoimmune Diseases- Diseases cause immune cells to attack the hair cells and follicles.
- Heredity- Hair loss can be passed down through heredity.
- Anemia- The lack of iron in the system can cause hair loss in women.
- Physical Stress- Any trauma to your body physically can be considered physical stress and cause hair loss.
- Excessive Vitamin A- Consuming too much vitamin A that your body fails to filter out can cause hair loss.
- Hypothyroidism- An under active thyroid gland can cause hair loss as well.
- Emotional Stress- This type of stress doesn’t typically cause hair loss, but speed up an already existing problem.
Hair Loss- How to Cope
With each cause there is normally a solution or treatment to help with the hair loss problem, however there is not always a permanent solution to each issue. Even if that is the case, there is always an easy solution for women who are suffering from hair loss. Human hair and synthetic wigs, toppers, and partial pieces from Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia are available to help conceal any level of hair loss you might be suffering from. Our stylists will discuss the type of hair loss you are suffering from to determine which solution is best for you.
To schedule a consultation with Wigs and Hair Solutions in Columbia, call us today at 410-720-8588.
Follow Wigs and Hair Solutions today on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn.
*The writer of this article is not a medical professional. Information contained herein has been collected from sources believed to be reliable, and every precaution has been taken to ensure its accuracy. The information provided here is for general informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical care.